Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG print exchange
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Jan 25 07:45:41 2009

Leo,

I didn't have a lot of choices and I wanted to try and settle on a
paper that I can get just about anywhere. That leaves Epson and Ilford
papers. I also didn't think it would work very well with matte paper
(too many dark tones). So I settled on Ilford Gallerie Smooth Gloss.

Since printing them out for the exchange, I've come a little more to
grips with printing on the 3800.

I did everything through Lightroom (after the scanning process, of
course). I'm pretty optimistic about finding a way to work with
digital camera images and scanned negatives all under one framework,
Lightroom. I'm not all the way there yet, but it looks promising.

Daniel