Subject: [Leica] ONT: prescient m8 exif
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 22 16:23:34 2009

That WATE or Wide Angle Tri Elmar certainly does not have a complex enough
of a mechanism comparatively  speaking  to the regular Tri Elmar.
The regular Tri Elmar has a mechanism to make the 28 35 50 frame lines
appear in the camera.
The wide angle WATE would have to make the 16-18-21-24 frame lines appear.
And that's a problem as those frame lines don't exist. ... Bringing us
perhaps into the metaphysical realm.
The 28 35 50 frame lines DO exist. You scan see them and talk to them and
everything.
So making them appear is less formidable.

I only say this as I'm sitting here pondering the lack of complexity of the
WATE getting bummed out on and they are getting be cheapskates on the
details of making a viable lens but charging more.... And I'm very positive
on that lens and would kill for one.
I hear its possible to use one with a much simpler cheaper viewfinder
already made. Not the very large incredibly expensive thing you seem to need
to buy which is the size of a flash.

Ultra wide zooms are where photography is at according to a lot of people
who don't leave home without em and and leave everything else at home while
they're at it.
The WATE seems to be a marvelous Leica M way of dealing with this issue
while giving us real Leica focal lengths we've spent decades dreaming about.

,,,trying to make appear... But just not pulling it off.

A 21 SA was and is my long time dream.
Super Angulon.
Now its a telephoto.
TP