Subject: [Leica] OT: More Seagate HD issues
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed Jan 21 20:33:55 2009

Of my three brand new Seagate Baracuda Drives only one has the firmware
problem. The only one with the OS and Program Files on it (500GB by the way).

Their Tech Support staff were to send me the bootable file to 'fix' this on
Tuesday. Kinda glad I didn't receive it now though.

Also, not too happy with the way Seagate has handled this. Supplier's here
continue to sell these ticking time bomb drives.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> From: leicachris@worldnet.att.net> To: lug@leica-users.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:38:11 -0600> Subject: [Leica] OT: More Seagate HD
issues> > I know Brian pointed out the problem with some Seagate HD
problems, looks like the fix is worse!> >
http://i.gizmodo.com/5135916/seagate-firmware-fix-turned-barracudas-into-paperweights>