Subject: [Leica] Petition for initiating M8 lens identification in firmware
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha@mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 16:29:26 2009

Geoff:

There is no connection whatsoever between LUG and the petition, which
I thought was obvious.

The sorting and managing of comments is an issue: I have sent an e-
mail to the petition site asking whether and how that can be done. I
would like to delete the bogus and prank signatures and entries, of
which there were 14 last time I looked, and am waiting to hear from
the petition site administrators. However, whatever is the answer on
this issue, it is quite easy to see the bogus entries and there are
many entries with solid support, which in itself is a good thing.
Leica will have seen the discussion on the LUF and the petition itself.

I did not see any PayPal window when I set up the petition, but
apparently one pops up after people sign the petition -- one needs
merely to ignore that.

--Mitch/Potomac, MD
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malland/sets/72157594271568487/

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Petition for initiating M8 lens identification in firmware)