Subject: [Leica] Questions from a Neophyte
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue Jan 20 13:43:07 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 Gary Dalton <grdalton@hotmail.com>wrote:

>I have an old Weston Master V light meter that appears to be flat-lining.
>The meter moves ever so slightly, even in bright light.
>Can it be repaired? Do I even want to have it repaired? If so, where?

>I also have an old GE light meter that seems to work. I am in the process
>of teasing out how to set and read it etc. I think it has promise.

>Do any of you use (juggle?) these old timers along with your M2 cameras?
>Or, are you using newer electronic meters?
>If so, as a neophyte amateur which newer light meters should I consider?
===========================================================================================================
I use a Master V with my M2,  M3, IIf; or a Sekonic Studio Deluxe.  My
Weston was acting up a little last week, but I just adjusted the zero
point and it went back to normal.  Probably some dirt in the works.

For repairs:

Quality Light Metric Co
7095 Hollywood Blvd # 550,
Los Angeles, CA 90028