Subject: [Leica] "Signs: Wordplay in Photography" Exhibit
From: lists at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Mon Jan 19 00:58:23 2009

I've always felt that the trouble with using signs in pictures - signs
with words I mean - is that they depend for their effect on the
language spoken by the viewer. They are a very easy way to establish
locality, but similar words mean very different things in different
languages and what might seem like an injection of humour will be
completely lost on a viewer who doesn't speak the language.

Cheers, Paul.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
+44 (0)20 3239 9573