Subject: [Leica] Cleaner older Leica lenses
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Jan 17 10:24:07 2009

Tom,

Unless absolutely necessary I only use air forced from a rubber bulb
to clean my lenses. The less scrubbing the better.

As for your old lenses, look through them with a flashlight shining
into the front element. You'll find out very quickly how much damage
was done. But do you really want to know? It can look pretty scary.

Len