Subject: [Leica] more audiophilia spectacularly OT but interesting to a few
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jan 17 02:32:32 2009

I know most of you will think this high price stuff is a joke, and at
this price (and actually, looking at the design as a person who used
to design high end turntables >30 years ago, this particular item is a
victory for marketing). The most important engineering aspects for a
turntable to work well are not addressed in this design, more a
styling/marketing exercise (IMHO).
It is actually extremely high tech to produce a device to transduce
records without adding some, or a lot, of non signal related
vibrations ends up being added to the output by the machine. A record
playing device which works well is likely to cost several orders on
magnitude more than any CD player, and is probably not worth it........
The device I have measured and listened to which is the most accurate,
the Goldmund Reference was very expensive (not as much as this thing
though) and made in tiny quantities.

There is a very expensive turntable system which, based on my
knowledge, probably is the most accurate one available. It cleverly
addresses all the important requirements I know of. I have never seen
or listened to one.

http://www.continuumaudiolabs.com/

but not as pretty.
FWIW,