Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jan 16 09:48:01 2009

Me too.
Its just like shooting slides. Its got to be there in the high tones.
You want your screen in the back of your camera to reflect what's happening
on your histogram.
Then when it pops up on your computer screen to look just like it looked
behind your camera.
The difference is that in slides lots of that dark info is not any where
near as recoverable.

Typically when I'm standing next to a person using a DSLR or M8 if they look
at their screen at all it will pop up rally over exposed.
Same as when I've seen peoples stuff on their laptops.
Mass over exposing mindlessness.

There's no excuse for it nowadays. You get instant feedback on the backs of
your cameras.

Mark William Rabiner