Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Thu Jan 15 19:18:58 2009

Steve Barbour writes:
 > while we are on this subject...> > can someone please recommend a strong
 > hi capacity shelving system for > storing CD's... thousands...
I built a HTPC to tie in my movies and music with the home theatre system.
It took me a couple of days to load all my cds onto a hard drive at highest
quality and I still have about 3TB of free disk space for movies and tv
programs. I'm putting my 301 disk cd player into storage fully loaded with
cd's. Original box sealed should be pretty dust proof. The audio from the
hard drive copy to my ears is not as good as the original cd but I can go
back to cd's pretty quickly if I have too.

This type of cd player holds the disks vertically which I believe is better
then storing them horizontally. If you are looking for a large capacity
storage unit try to find something which allows vertical storage.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada
Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] OT: Audiophile Question)