Subject: [Leica] Favorite picture of 2008
From: degner at gmail.com (David Degner)
Date: Wed Jan 14 19:10:06 2009

Good question ted,

Now I've spent 30 minutes trying to pin down why I like it.

In short?
It conveys to me a piece of the human condition.

Then there are a bunch of little things...it's a boring domestic scene
that anyone with responsibility connects with...it doesn't follow
conventional composition rules...anyone can understand what is going
on at a glance, but look into the nooks and crannies for much
longer...and through all of this the kid is completely oblivious and
free.

It's depressing, but redeeming,
David Degner

P.S. it's a presumptuous description and there are better photos out
there but those are the things I want in my ideal image