Subject: [Leica] How about those bags for hiking?
From: bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio)
Date: Wed Jan 14 06:14:05 2009

Hello
?
Did any one tried the lowpro Primus AW or the Minumus Primus AW?
?
Looks very nice and comfortable and practical

--- Em qua, 14/1/09, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net

De: wildlightphoto@earthlink.net <wildlightphoto@earthlink.net>
Assunto: Re: [Leica] How about those bags for hiking?
Para: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Data: Quarta-feira, 14 de Janeiro de 2009, 13:28

Richard Man wrote:

>So what's your favorite bag for hiking purpose and why?

Two different bag for different loads.

For a light load (by SLR standards) I use a home-made bag with a wide waist
belt and wide shoulder strap.  It divides the load between the waist and the
shoulder and carries 280, 180, 100, 60 and 35mm lenses along with extender,
extension tube and extra supplies (film, memory cards, batteries).  A camera
body can be slipped onto the waist belt in its pouch (with loop for waist
belt).

For a bigger load, i.e., the above plus a longer lens I use an REI day pack
with sturdy waist belt and sternum strap.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com