Subject: [Leica] OT: Best monopod for wildlife photography
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jan 13 20:21:07 2009

That's a gorgeous thing but one of many options.
Kirk makes good stuff.
Spock does too I'm sure.
Chekov makes one but it doesn't do much it's just kind of moody.

But you need to decide if you really need quick relase at all.
Are you going to need to get thing thing on and off so fast really?
In the past two years I've not used any. My Arca Swiss stuff is in storage.
No plates on cameras.
Nor L brackets.
But I'll go back to using them again.

B&H has:

Acratech (3)
Arca-Swiss (14)
Berlebach (1)
Bogen / Manfrotto (8)
Cullmann (6)
FLM (4)
Foba (3)
General Brand (1)
Giottos (9)
itzo (4)
Hama (1)
Iston (3)
Kaiser (2)
Kirk (9)
Linhof (2)
Mamiya (1)
Novoflex (6)
Perfected Photo (1)
Slik (2)
Stroboframe (2)
Studioball (1)
Velbon (3)
Wimberley (2)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&ci=0&sb
=ps&sq=desc&sortDrop=Relevance&ac=&bsi=&bhs=t&ci=4926&basicSubmit=Submit
Or
http://tinyurl.com/7r3htl

Mark William Rabiner

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2778-REG/Arca_Swiss_802002_Quick_Relea