Subject: [Leica] Neopan Advice (now asking about Neopan 1600)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jan 12 21:59:25 2009

I agree with Henning good to (as I put it) after you've used the film with
the speed on the box try a few rolls a half stop less and see if you still
get nice detail in the shadows. If you do got with that. Or try another half
stop. Adjust developing time for contrast.
Its not a speed thing you develop for contrast. To get the right contrast
paper or filter you like to use. Or so that it scans with a histogram which
looks nice and well balanced and don't ask me.
You do this because as I wrote yesterday the worst thing you can do to film
is to over expose it.
Which means to expose it any more than necessary.

You don't want to place detail which need to separate too close to the bump
on top of the curve as then wont separate. Highlights. Where your eye goes
to first when ever you look at just about any image.

Mark William Rabiner