Subject: [Leica] Re: Light filtering through snow.
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Jan 10 11:38:13 2009

On Jan 10, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Seth wrote:

> I feel like a closing bell. Here in the North Country, as I write
> this the
>
> air temp outside my window is -21 Celsius but I make myself happy by
>
> translating that into -6 F. Haven't wanted to ascertain what the
> windchill
>
> temp is. And that's the good news; the bad news is that there is a
> severe
>
> winter storm watch brewing: 6-12" of fresh snow expected to fall
> between 4
>
> this afternoon and noon tomorrow.

I feel your pain. The upper Hudson Valley has the same prediction and
the snow is already falling. The irony is that we are planning to
leave tomorrow morning for a XC ski vacation in northern Vermont. The
car is packed. The skis are in place. We have sleds for the kids. My
Leica camera gear is stowed in the back seat. We rented a lodge at
the Trapp Family Inn and invited children and grandchildren to spend
a week celebrating my wife's 80th birthday. But first we have to
shovel out a 100 yard driveway. What Leica lens would you advise?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Light filtering through snow.)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re: Light filtering through snow.)