Subject: [Leica] Some thoughts on 100 years of Leica
From: simon.apekop at gmail.com (simon jessurun)
Date: Sat Jan 3 22:10:23 2009

And the cameras 2 >if i go over my older pigs onb the LUG and compare them
to the ones i did last year i canoty fail to notice the inferiority of the
digital imaging.If somebody would like to see proof i,ll gladly post
examples to prove my case.
Don't get me wron g I'm quite happy with a fast SLR again.
BD was right when het noticed it is better suited for my eyesight.
The most annooying thing about the flagship canon's and lenses is their poor
performance agaonst the light .
A M3 with a Noctilux at f11 will blow any modern lens camera combo out of
the water.
Sure one could fire multibrackets at 1/8000 and reconstruct an image but the
result is not the same.The leica will produce an image that is close to what
you remembered seeing.The digital construct might show more but will look
unreal.
To be honoust as an amateur i cannot justify the cost of a M8 with a good
lens.
Also with a Canon i can push the envelope as Don used to say a bit further
and experiment more easily.Sorry for the longish post,
seasons greetings
simon