Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 + Visoflex + 400 mm Telyt f:6.8
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Dec 30 16:17:27 2008

The 6.8 Telyts are fantastic lenses. I just compared the 400mm Telyt
to a new $5000 Nikon and the Telyt looks sharper to me. If I manually
focus the Nikon it then looks the same as the Telyt. I generally try
and eliminate the color fringes before I post a photo. Sometimes you
can't. I don't get the fringing generally from the Nikon lenses and
when I do you have to go 100% to see it.

Doug, I don't see the fringing on your photos. I'll take a closer
look. Because I always see it on mine I thought my lens was faulty.

This photo I just uploaded was not adjusted for anything as an
illustration only.

Len