Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy goes to USA Episode Three
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 29 21:29:42 2008

Geoff offered:

>>Muir Woods is a preserved pocket of gorgeous forest. I felt a sense of
tragedy that so little has been preserved. Of course that is the case
wherever man has stepped.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/usa/b/
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/usa/b/%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c>
<<<<<<<<

Hi Geoff,

Another interesting series. "Baby gull back ribs?" :-) Now I've heard of
being hungry and "will eat almost anything!"  But baby gull ribs? :-)
However Sam appears to be enjoying them. It? :-)

Yep, man and his cut every tree down and they will grow back is a fallacy
perpetuated by logging companies and lumber barons of old. It only works if
you replant one for everyone cut! And then some!

But when you come to Canada and BC., we'll get you into the Cathedral Forest
to photograph trees that were trees when Columbus arrived on the North
American continent! To put it mildly.. They are beyond your wildest
imagination. Just make sure you have a very wide angle lens with you! :-)

ted