Subject: [Leica] Canon 800mm IS
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Dec 26 14:34:41 2008

Yea, but the Canon is an IS lens, so that should give 2 stops at least. Now
compare them to our "Birdman of Sacramento." Doug uses a shoulder stock and
a monopod and not a tripod, and does razor sharp wothe non-IS Leica lens of
400 and 560mm.

It's the techniques and the skills of the photographer here that makes the
difference.

I have to agree that it's the lowering of standards. When things are "good
enough," then the definition of "good enough" will just keep going down
until it hits a bottom, and it's "good enough" until you compare them with
masterpieces.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// b: http://rfman.wordpress.com