Subject: [Leica] Nikon Scanner problems......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 25 20:06:31 2008

Got my Coolscan 4000 fixed, it did not work when returned.... sent it back,
got it fixed ( again) and it still does not function......  film on eject
gets hung up and will not return.  This sends a message to the SW  (
NikonSCan or Vuescan, same issues.)  that there is a problem, then the SW
will fail, the OS must be cold booted..... you get the idea.....  a MESS.

I think I have some form of driver / OS problem......  Like WIN XP is
confused or sending the wrong signals to my scanner......  Can you have more
than 1 scanner installed on your WIN XP OS?  Even if there is only 1 scanner
actually attached?

I am about to redo the HDD and open a new WIN XP on another HDD, and start
from scratch.......new OS, new install of all my programs, etc.

I hate it, but I can see no way around the problem.......

Why I hate to install new SW ( or HW) on my computer!

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Nikon Scanner problems......)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nikon Scanner problems......)