Subject: [Leica] LUG Print Exchange January!!
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Dec 24 09:41:40 2008

Photographs have certainly changed over the decades.
1. daguerreotype
2. prints of every variety: gum, pop, silver, platinum, etc.
3. kodachrome (and other transparencies)
4. polaroids of all varieties
5. magazines, newspapers and coffee table books
6. now - the digital image on various screens from small to huge -
animated or not

I'm with Mark, as far as the ultimate means to experience a photograph;
the print,
made by the photographer (or at least under their extremely close
supervision)
with the knowledge that this holds the image as the photographer
intended
and held in the hands.

The object of my affection
I can hold it or hide it
bring it out when the mood
and the light
is right
show it
intimately

Next best: in a frame (though much is lost in the aesthetic pleasure).

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com