Subject: [Leica] LUG Print Exchange January!!
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Dec 23 16:19:37 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Thanks Steve so when I make a print in my darkroom its the same
> thing as a
> print in a book right?

Boy, now that's a tough open ended question Mark...I hope your
feelings are not hurt.

I assume that quality wise there is absolutely no comparison at all,
and I 'd love to have one of your prints,

but my wall space is at zero, and I don't seriously collect prints...

I'd much rather have  2 images for each of  ~100 LUGGERS than nothing
at all,

so I'm more than happily participating in the LUG yearbook,
beautifully put together by Jim Shulman...

are you to be part of that Mark?

Seriously if you like one of my 2 submitted images, I will be more
than happy to make a print for you Mark...

Steve

> mark@rabinergroup.com
> Mark William Rabiner
>

>> From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>
>> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:59:21 -0700
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Print Exchange January!!
>>

>> On Dec 23, 2008, at 2:20 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>
>>> We had a print exchange on the Rug a few months back!!!
>>> <rollei_list-bounce@freelists.org>
>>>
>>> About 8 people.
>>> I sent them a color 5x7 of a shop window I'd taken with my
>>> Rolleiflex 2.8 f
>>> not knowing they'd decided on B&W; it was tense for a day or two
>>> then it was
>>> accepted!
>>>
>>> We should do LUG print exchange.
>>

>> we do it Mark... on a great big scale...thanks to Jim...
>>

>> it's called the LUG Yearbook...are your 2 photos already submitted ?
>>
>> deadline is the end of the year...
>>
>> best,
>>

>> Steve
>>

>>> 1st week of the year.
>>>
>>> And I know its my idea I should set it up but I'm a lousy setter
>>> upper and a
>>> worse follow througher and I have too much critical stuff I need to
>>> self
>>> engorge in to survive at this juncture.
>>> But will contribute.
>>>
>>> 5x7's are what the Rollei guys wanted.
>>> Coincidently what I'm defaulted at now I carry those around.
>>>

>>> Why they'd need to be digital prints I don't know I'd vote its for
>>> any
>>> printing process people are working with.