Subject: [Leica] For Newbies and Lurkers--LUG Yearbook Submissions
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue Dec 23 08:15:43 2008

A few newbies and lurkers have asked me offline about how to submit yearbook
images.  Here are the guidelines in a nutshell.

You can submit up to two images, although they must have been taken/captured
during 2008.  This is NOT a judged collection-what you send will be placed
in the yearbook.  IMAGES NEED NOT HAVE BEEN TAKEN/CAPTURED WITH LEICA
EQUIPMENT.  While we are all Leica enthusiasts, we may not necessarily have
a Leica in our hands when a great image presents itself.  Thus, the book is
aimed at our best PICTURES, rather than a strict homage to Leica equipment.

Images must be files of AT LEAST one meg (1000KB) in size, .jpg format.

Please include the title for each image with the camera and lens used.

Sent these to Jim Shulman OFFLINE at jshul@comcast.net

Submissions to me no later than December 30th-preferably sooner!

You will receive a confirmed e-mail when your images are placed in the
yearbook, along with a proof of the caption.  IF YOU DO NOT HEAR BACK FROM
ME, ASSUME THAT YOUR IMAGES DID NOT ARRIVE!!

The book will be closed on Dec 31st, and made available for sale on January
1.  There will be an announcement to the LUG with a link to the sales page.
YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO PURCHASE A COPY.

That's about it!  We're about 75 submissions thus far, and are looking for
more!

All best,

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA