Subject: [Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 21 20:39:12 2008

Tina Manley showed & said:

Subject: Re: [Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters

>> Harrison -

Here is one with the 12mm on the M8.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/107324309

It's hard to tell in a jpeg (and I didn't take time to clean it up or

anything else except convert it in LR) but it's sharp corner to

corner with no fringing or CA.  Much better than any of my Canon wides!

No filter and the lens is not coded.

Mirror Lake is not exactly mirroring Mt. Hood because it's partly frozen!<<<

Hi Tina & Harrison,

I have the VC 15mm and have used it with the M8 a number of times with
excellent results. Actually you know me, I never thought about how it would
work or cover the subject. It worked on the M7 so I expected it to work on
the M8! Just put it on and shot. Yep not quite as wide as the full frame
film camera, never the less the images were fine.

The only thing I changed? I used the CV 21mm external view finder in the Hot
shoe instead of the 15 and it gave me a closer frame line for the M8
cropping things a little tighter.

But all in all, it worked perfectly. The bonus is . if one is in doubt they
can .. "SHOOT AND LOOK!" :-) That is if they have any concern about how much
coverage they're getting.. Aaaaaaahhh one of the joys of the digital M8!
:-) Or any digital camera of course. :-) :-)

ted