Subject: [Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Dec 21 19:20:52 2008

At 08:10 PM 12/21/2008, you wrote:
>Interesting thread for those of us considering buying an M8.  One
>other questions re the IF filter and coding issue.
>
>I have a VC 12mm ultra wide Heliar.  How does it work on the M8 with
>no coding and filter?  Do I need to get that monstrously huge filter
>adapter and a IR filter for it and get it coded?  If so what is it coded to?
>
>--
>Harrison McClary

Harrison -

Here is one with the 12mm on the M8.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/107324309

It's hard to tell in a jpeg (and I didn't take time to clean it up or
anything else except convert it in LR) but it's sharp corner to
corner with no fringing or CA.  Much better than any of my Canon wides!
No filter and the lens is not coded.

Mirror Lake is not exactly mirroring Mt. Hood because it's partly frozen!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters)