Subject: [Leica] Focusing screens
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Dec 17 10:57:42 2008

"Features per dollar is their mantra and viewfinder quality is difficult
to quantify."

But is it that much more expensive to put a split image or maybe a
microprism ring/spot on the consumer camera screens? I think every one
of the 35mm SLR's (besides two newer EOS bodies) I've ever seen had
a focusing aid. Even the autofocus bodies.

Could they be directing this AT the people who want MF instead? That is
to say, could the manf's be intentionally omitting MF aids in their
lower end cameras because the people who want accurate MF will be
forced to buy a higher end body? I mean, the D40 is several times more
camera than the original D1 was, just not built as well.
It's all about the dollar.
Maybe I should just switch to using my Speed Graphic, then I won't
have any reason to complain...

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] lens pouches)