Subject: [Leica] Focusing screens
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 10:46:48 2008

Philip Forrest wrote:

> why is it that we have to spend over $2000 to get ACCURATE
> MANUAL FOCUS aids!? On a camera which doesn't have an expected lifespan
> past 3 years of use. This is sickening.

Unfortunately you're not the target market.

> This means that by virtue of the fact that I know manual focus exists
> and desire to use it, the manufacturer has made up my mind and assumes
> that I make enough money to be able to afford one of their flagship
> cameras. Hardly. I just like control and I like to manually focus my
> cameras.

I believe the problem is that the majority of consumers of the more
affordable cameras are ignorant of the virtues of manual focus, or are
unaware that anything better exists.  These consumers are voting with their
currency and the manufacturers are listening.  Features per dollar is their
mantra and viewfinder quality is difficult to quantify.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Focusing screens)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Focusing screens)