Subject: [Leica] I got a new camera yesterday...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Dec 14 16:26:18 2008

the hoppies have now sadlly left Yosemite behind and are ensonced in a
resort in Las Vegas. Just to go to scenic places from, honest! I must make
an initial comment and say that, on our second day in Yosemite we visted a
photo gallery with a lot of work by some guy with the initials A.A. Seems
like he couldn't afford any colour film and spent a lot of time climbing
around the rocky country. I bought a nice print made on silver from one of
his original negatives.
Anyhoo we were were travelling around the valley floor when the first snow
of the season starting falling. It fell all day for cover across all of the
valley.  Everytime we came to a scenic location the winter storm kept
swirling around the mountains when sunlight wasn't breaking through. I don't
see how anyone can make nice snapshots in conditions like that. I only
filled a 4GB card. Stand by for some photos in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
El Capitan Hoppy