Subject: [Leica] Re: Half stop!
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Dec 13 14:49:38 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Marc James Small wrote:
Larry

With respect, it is a third of a stop, not a half-stop.  The European
apertures are 1/3 of a stop different from the International scale
which has been the norm since the 1950's.

Marc

Strange. I get 1.56 times increase in light transmitting power going
from f3.5 to f2.8. Seems like half a stop to me. Do the math and tell
me what you think.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Half stop!)