Subject: [Leica] RD-1 now Backup
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri Dec 12 18:55:33 2008

 "Alastair Firkin" <afirkin@afirkin.com> wrote:

> Of course if you get 500000 shots from your M8 it will have paid for
> itself even if you are not a pro. Its got a guarantee so shoot for a year
> >and you will have saved quite a bit anyway.
I don't follow.  If (an amateur) doesn't make money using an M8, how can it
be said to have paid for itself?  The money hasn't come back; maybe less
will be spent in support than with film, but that doesn't seem to be the
same thing as recovering the initial expense.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com) ([Leica] RD-1 now Backup)