Subject: [Leica] Re: Stolen photos
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Dec 10 18:06:46 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Tina wrote:

> The problem with that is that if you want to sell it, you have to
> post it!  99.9% of all photos sold today are searched, found, and
> sold through the internet.  I can't remember the last time I sold a
> photo that had not been posted on the web.

Tina,

I never really appreciated that the web is the major marketing tool
of free lance photographers these days. I've been out of the selling
end of photography since the 90s. I was also fortunate enough to be
located in New York near the offices of most of the magazines that
published my stuff. I simply made my presentation, then delivered the
text and photos either directly or through my agent. Real pictures on
slides or paper prints and typewritten text. Horse and buggy
technology. I didn't own my first digital camera until 2000.

So I guess my only suggestion for avoiding piracy is to post
photographs at the lowest pixel count that will make an acceptable
web picture. Publishers seem to like high resolution images.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: Stolen photos)