Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 119
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Dec 10 12:00:20 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Len wrote:

> Toyota makes three models of the Scion. It is a lower priced line
> originally aimed at the younger driver. The most distinctive style, I
> think, is the Scion xB which sort of reminds me of a bread box on
> wheels. I don't think there is a comparative model in the UK.

Earth huggers take note. An environmental research group rated the
Scion as, cradle to grave, the "greenest" car in the American market.
Greener even than the Prius or the Honda Fit. Apparently the car uses
much less energy to produce and permits a greater useful scrap
recovery than the other makes, despite somewhat higher fuel consumption.

Parenthetically, the Leica literature advises not to throw used M8s
in the garbage because the camera contains hazardous materials. Leica
will scrap it (for a fee) or you can bring it to a resource recovery
depot.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 119)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 119)