Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] M-lenses on M8 - A Question
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Dec 9 19:14:08 2008

The only time I collapse a Leica lens is when I carry the camera in
my pocket and want to make the whole package as small as possible. I
only do that with my Leica II and nickel 50mm f3.5 Elmar. It's the
perfect pocket camera. I don't feel the same way with the M8 or any
of the M bodies for that matter. To me the M camera is a neck strap
dangler (is that a word?). I see no reason to collapse the lens as
that makes it not ready. Funny, I even store my collapsible lenses in
the fully extended position with the exception of the 90mm macro,
which only fits it's leather case in the fully collapsed position.
It's just a thing with me. The funny thing is I actually like
collapsible lenses. I have 8 of which 7 are 50 mm (3 Elmars, 2
Summicrons, a Summar and a Summitar).

Len