Subject: [Leica] Leica negatives aren't turning out right
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Dec 9 14:13:23 2008

Phil I just couldn't tell you.  Looks to me like a chemical effect of
sorts. My chemistry is simply 10g Metol and 100g of sodium sulfite per
liter which I replenish and use indefinitely.  I would bet the effect is
reduced with less Metol, but that a 50/50 bet.  I can post the inquiry on
APUG where several photochemical engineers hold court.

At 03:43 PM 12/9/2008, you wrote:
>Chris Saganich wrote:Yea, TriX just does that under high contrast
>conditions, see example:
>
>The outside light is bleeding from Roy's black dreads:
>
><http://www.imagebrooklyn.com/street_pages_2007/bs146.htm>

>Chris, I'm having trouble understanding what's happening here.  I've seen
>halation effects radiating from *bright* subject areas, but here it's just
>the opposite.  What up with that?
>

>--
>Phil Swango
>307 Aliso Dr SE
>Albuquerque, NM 87108
>505-262-4085

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964