Subject: [Leica] Epson RD 1 again
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon Dec 8 16:44:36 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 11:47 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> wonder if there is any corporate interest in this project
> now...improve, strengthen, use best current sensor for price range,
> and sell at a lower price than M8 and its successors ?....Steve

Hmm,
I am not privy to the inner thoughts of Epson's senior management
(surprise!)
but based on the opinions expressed by Epson Hong Kong after I went
through
camera after camera to overcome rangefinder alignment problems, bad
pixels (in clusters yet)
and inaccurate dials they didn't understand how the camera was ever
approved for production,
they were ashamed that quality control was so abysmal, and they were
glad to see the last of the camera,
and although they never said it, I suspect they were glad to see the
last of persistent me!
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Epson RD 1 again)