Subject: [Leica] APA: American Press Association
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Dec 2 13:02:01 2008

At 01:38 PM 12/2/2008, you wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience with
>APA: American Press Association?
>
>Fond regards,
>George

In what way?  Their "press credentials" are considered a scam and a
joke by most photojournalists.   You would do just as well and save a
lot of money to print your own press credentials.  I think they are
hoping people will confuse them with two legitimate organizations -
APA - Advertising Photographers of America - or AP - Associated
Press.  A similar scam is IPA:  http://internationalpress.com/  There
used to be one called FPA - Freelance Photojournists Association -
but I think they might have disappeared.  The thing that all of these
bogus organizations have in common is that they require a hefty
yearly membership fee to send you a "press" kit with credentials but
don't require any proof that you are actually a working
photojournalist.  No legitimate organization would ever do that.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] APA: American Press Association)