Subject: [Leica] M8.2 manual posted, finally defines "Lens dependent" Max. Exp. Time
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue Dec 2 12:23:47 2008

In addition to the new firmware, I note that this area

2008-12-01-22:36:54 Steve Barbour:
> http://us.leica-camera.com/service/downloads/rangefinder_cameras/m8/index.html

also contains downloadable M8.2 instructions, and I finally found a
usefully-precise definition of "Lens dependent" for "Max. Exp. Time" in
AUTO ISO, for all those of us who've stuffed the 2.0 firmware in an
M8.nothing.  I quote:

  If you select Lens dependent, the camera only switches to a higher
  sensitivity if the shutter speed would fall below the 1/(Focal length)
  threshold due to poor brightness, e.g. speeds slower than 1/30s for a
  28mm lens.

That seems close enough to what I'd want to happen that I might well
consider using it, now that the behavior's been defined.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8.2 manual posted, finally defines "Lens dependent" Max. Exp. Time)