Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon's got something..........
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Nov 29 23:08:21 2008

Most of the camera companies are on to the jacked up megapixel scam and have
tapered off selling new cameras by MP numbers. People are knowing now that a
higher MP number does not mean better pictures and could mean worse with the
main issue being noise again as you are looking at smaller than necessary
pixel grabbers.
New camera models are now starting to taper off on MG's or even go lower
from the previous years model.

Sony has to be sold cheap because its appealing to the percentage of people
who have Minolta glass. All six of them. And to people who think that just
because it says Carl Zeiss on a a lens its really a pie on the sky Carl
Zeiss lens worthy of being compared against Leica up a tier from Nikon or
Canon.

So Sony is less big news as in the end very little serious photography is
going to be done with them -
as most people have a Glass stake in either Canon or Nikon and if they want
pie in the sky high end German glass they are going to get real high end
German glass non name branding engineering left up to our imagination as to
who did what.
The Sony thing in this day and age sounds very hear today gone tomorrow.
They, like Fuji does for Nikon should made a camera body for Canon or Nikon
glass systems;
Or best of all....
Leica
R or M