Subject: [Leica] Passing through Hong Kong
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat Nov 29 07:49:11 2008

Hi Adam,
Marty has given excellent advice in his posting - your daughter and
boyfriend can get downtown quickly on the Airport Express and from
Central they can ride the Star Ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon
side or take the tourist bus to the Peak Tram terminus in Central and
ride the Tram to the Peak for a panoramic view over Hong Kong harbour.
If they are lucky and get a clear day it is truly spectacular. They
should buy return tickets on the Airport Express and it should be
possible to check their luggage all the way through to Malaysia. I
would think they can easily clear Customs and Immigration in one hour
and be downtown in Central half an hour after that.
That would give them about 5 hours in town before they would have to
head back to the airport. Assuming they have their boarding passes
already (picked up in transit on arrival) they can get through
Immigration and Security and back out to the boarding gate in an hour
or so with time to spare. Hong Kong is one of the great cities of the
world (Manhattan without guns) and a fascinating amalgam of East and
West and well worth a look. After they have consulted the internet for
ideas about what to do that interests them if they would like to
contact me directly I would be pleased to try and point them in the
right direction(s).
Cheers,
Howard