Subject: [Leica] Report from LUG Central in Palo Alto, California
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Nov 28 10:23:41 2008

2008-11-27-22:37:16 Brian Reid:
> I decided to take the advice offered by Jeff Moore and buy a Barracuda
> Networks Spam Firewall.

I didn't even know you were acting on that particular tale of success.

> It's amazing. The box is stopping 90,000 spams per day, and my mailbox is
> pretty much free of spam. More relevant to the LUG, the server computer
> that runs the LUG is also pretty much free of spam, so it is sailing along
> with a load factor of about 0.1 and being very responsive and reliable.

Phew!  Sure glad it seems to be working out -- wouldn't I feel bad if
it'd turned out to be some sort of cybernetic Hindenberg.  Although I
haven't yet heard the other people I know who're using one get cranky
about it, aand it's been deployed for a couple of years.