Subject: [Leica] Leica's Advertising Budget
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Nov 26 17:50:22 2008

At 03:34 PM 11/26/2008, you wrote:
>Geoff,
>I know I couldn't work with one--I tend to use my cameras rather hard (and
>take them to all sorts of seedy places) and it would be only a matter of
>short time before something terribly expensive went haywire.
>
>Jim

Jim -  I am probably the hardest on my Leica cameras of
anybody!  From dropping them in rivers in Honduras to falling face
first on them breaking my nose.  I had to send one M8 in when I
dropped it on a marble floor in India and the shutter failed.  That
was covered by warranty, fixed, and returned in a week.  My other M8
has never been sent in.  I had more trouble with my film M6s than
I've ever had with my M8s.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com