Subject: [Leica] Multi-Coating Development
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Nov 22 08:35:36 2008

Bob,

In Edwin Puts "Leica Lens Compendium" he has a section on Coating and
Lens Flare, pages 81 to 83. He states that all current Leica lenses
have multi-layer coatings and that all surfaces are coated. He also
states that the amount of coating for each element depends on the
type of glass used and the desired result from each element. In some
instances multi-coating can degrade performance and single coating is
much preferred. An example he gave of unacceptable performance due to
multi-coating is polarization of the light passing through the element.

The free, downloadable version of his Compendium is currently not
available but will be in the future.

Len

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)
Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Multi-Coating Development)