Subject: [Leica] Proud Daddy of a Washington Press Corp member
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Nov 19 15:58:28 2008

....well, for a few hours anyway!

My son, Tom, is one of the founders of a blog called "We Love D.C."
You can find it at:

<http://www.welovedc.com/>

if you're suitably brave.

Today he attended the re-opening of the National Museum of American
History, a part of the Smithsonian. The President was to speak and
somehow he found himself with a White House Press Pool pass for the
event. They put him between the AP and the Wash. Post photographers
with his Canon 10D. As he walked through the museum everyone was
extremely helpful and wanted to help him find just the right shot.
Nothing like being called "Mr. Bridge" by someone very senior at the
museum. I'm certain he remembered his manners and thanked everyone.
Probably right away they knew he wasn't a serious member of the press
corps. <grin>

David McCullough spoke, as did the President. Now both my sons have
been closer to Presidents than I have ever been: Erik when President
and Mrs. Carter rode the JIMMY CARTER (SSN 23) from Georgia to New
London, and now Tom on the National Mall. I'm happy for both of them.
(A side note: submarine crews have a feeling about "the real thing"
and Jimmy Carter ranked very high. He talked with every crewman, told
great stories, and provided a fine historical connection to the early
days of nuclear submarining.)

Adam

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Proud Daddy of a Washington Press Corp member)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Proud Daddy of a Washington Press Corp member)