Subject: [Leica] Re: Raw food
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Nov 18 09:11:18 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Henning wrote:

> Oysters.
>
> Sushi.
>
> Pickled Herring.
>
> Steak Tartar.
>
> Whoever invented fire did food a disservice.
>

> About 5 years ago I was in South Africa. On the Cape I had a
> fantastic meal; a dozen wonderful oysters on the half shell and a
> marvelous bottle of S.A. bubbly. About $10.00.

You are making my mouth water! Five of my favorite top ten foods are
on your list.

Believe it or not, you can get excellent raw oysters at the Oyster
House in Grand Central Station in New York. As good as any I've ever
eaten. But if you live by the East River, or any harbor in New
England, you can scoop mussels off the pilings. Eaten raw, qith a
touch of Tabasco, they make a good substitue. You can't beat the
price either.

Larry Z