Subject: [Leica] IMG: Silky Soft:85's
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun Nov 16 17:37:37 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008  "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Alan,

>That f/2 shot was a focus challenge, but the shots at f/2.8 are
>outstanding.
>I'm impressed with the photographer and the lens.
 Thanks for the kind words.  That baby picture was also the last frame on the
roll, so I got lucky in many ways.  And if I'm remembering my photo history
right,
the 85mm f/2 Nikkor is one of the Japanese lens designs that impressed David
Douglas
Duncan during the Korean conflict.  I know I love mine.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee