Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving in Oregon
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Nov 15 16:34:28 2008

Tina.
Don't miss the Columbia gorge.  May even be some fall color left at all the
magnificent waterfalls.  Take some short hikes to see other falls that are
not along the road.  Beautiful. And so close to Portland you could almost
throw a rock and hit them.

Also, take a drive to the Washington side and see Mt. St. Helens.  See both
views.  One is very close to Portland, the other you need to drive down hwy
12 to get to.  Windy Point is the name.  This is, of course, if the weather
is cooperating.  Fall in the NW is very unpredictable.  If you find yourself
swinging by Yakima, drop me a line.  Not really on your way to anywhere,
though.

The ocean is also a short drive to the west.

Enjoy.

Aram

> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:52:40 -0500
> From: Tina Manley <images@comporium.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving in Oregon
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> LUG:
>
> We are going to Portland, OR, to meet our new granddaughter at
> Thanksgiving.  We decided as long as we were going all the way across
> the USA, we might as well stay for 10 days.  So, we'll be in Oregon
> from Nov 20th to 30th.  We will spend the few days around T'giving
> with our son in Portland but the rest of the trip is pretty
> open.  We'll have a rental car.
>
> Do you have any "don't miss" suggestions for the northwestern corner
> of the USA?
>
> TIA!!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley