Subject: [Leica] canadian question
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Nov 8 08:52:37 2008

Hmmm.  I'm Canadian.  Never heard of it.

But quick Google search:

/Canada/ - Greasing the nose with butter or margarine.  In Atlantic
Canada (Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and
Newfoundland) the birthday child is ambushed and their nose is greased
for good luck.  The greased nose makes the child too slippery for bad
luck to catch them. This tradition is reputed to be of Scottish decent.
Birthday punches.  In Quebec the birthday person receives a punch for
each year they are alive and then one for good luck.

...Vick

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] canadian question)