Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2.1, M8 profiles
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Oct 22 21:22:24 2008

How useful are those profiles? On the web site it is stated:

Profiles essentially recalibrate an image's basic colors to better
match camera settings, such as portrait, neutral, standard, and
landscape, and using them can make it easier to match the punchier,
more saturated JPEG images that cameras often produce.

Well, my E3 does not have "modes" like landscape or portrait, and I am
not really interested in punchier, more saturated images (and if I am
for a particular image, I can easily change the settings in LR to
achieve that). And of course, I shoot RAW. So what exactly would these
profiles do for me?

At this point a hypothetical question since it also says that there
are no profiles for E3 yet. But it would still be nice to know.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu