Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ricochets - Doug et al.
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Oct 22 07:44:36 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, at 10:34 PM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

> Thanks Doug, and all who viewed and commented.
> Doug is right about the crop - yet crop after crop from a tiny
> sensor ...
> I had the 24 on the camera and shot out of sheer reflex - no pun
> intended.
> I dimmed the light to try and preserve what could be preserved of
> the swans in highly contrasted light - Geoff's black Aussy swans
> would have helped a lot here - or 18% grey ones ;-)

I didn't comment earlier because I've been trying to understand how
you did this image Philippe...

I see the bird frozen in space but the water kicked up from each
wingbeat...was there some trickery or mutiple images involved?

I would expect more movement from the bird to go with the trail ...no?

In any case, it's a very remarkable image...

Steve