Subject: [Leica] Olympus Pen F Camera and lenses......
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Oct 18 08:40:06 2008

Hi Frank,

I have the Pen FT with the built in meter. The disadvantage, as with
all the older camera meters, is it uses the 1.35 volt Mercury
battery. It is accurate with the Wein cell and about a stop over with
the 1.5 volt silver.

Both the non-meter Pen F and the metered Pen FT are very well built
cameras. Just pick one up and you get the feeling of a quality piece.
The viewing system uses porro mirrors so it is not quite as bright as
a penta prism system but it's not bad, especially with the faster
lenses. I don't care too much for the diamond grid focusing circle,
especially in dim light. I have the 40mm f1.4 G.Zuiko Auto-S lens
which I find very sharp. I don't have any other lenses for it but I
trust Olympus lenses as being very good. And of course being a half
frame camera the photos are vertical when the camera is horizontal.
Also with my Nikon scanner you get two frames per scan.

Len